Saturday, August 31, 2013

Candy Corn Bottles

I'm not sure if it was the last few days of pouring down rain or the fact that I could see Bryan's breath the other morning as we headed to the patio, for our cup of joe...
But I am finally in a Autumn mood....


It's time to lite those pumpkin spice candles, put out a few fall decorations, plus get organized and ready for school to start...I hate the last part.  :(


So here's a little project I did last year but never had time to share...(my life definitely does not get easier when the kiddo's go back to school)...



I picked up these bottles at the GW...but it was last year so I have no idea what I paid..although they had to be cheap...that is what I do..cheap :)


I pounded a piece of rod iron in ground to hold the bottles (I do the same thing to paint bowling balls) and then used orange spray paint to cover the whole thing....
After the first coat had dried I sprayed the top with white paint and the bottom with yellow..
Easy Peasy!



I then filled them with fall foliage...


And put them under the oil painting I did of Cally...
Sooo
Let the air get crisp and the leaves fall...I am finally ready...I think.  :)
Denise

(I will be linking to the parties on my side bar)

6 comments:

  1. Yummy bottles! I use the rebar iron for painting. Make sure you check before you pound it in the ground. My neighbor wanted to paint something that way and punctured her sprinkle system! Love the kitty portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to send you an email but it is not working so I came here to tell you I love your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can learn more about it at
    http://vintagepaintandmore.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and what a great way to paint them. I never thought about sticking them on a pole.

    I am still not ready for autumn because summer weather just came to our part of the coast. I did buy some red/yellow mums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely feeling like Autumn here this week. I love the candy corn bottles. I think they would make a great party favor too. I noticed the painting right off and loved it! You painted that? What talent! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these.....Also stopped by to let you know I love reading your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award… here is the link with the directions of what to do and please be sure to link back to me… Have a great day! Suzie @ Dorothy Sue and Millie Bs too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!