Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Altered Dominoes...The Raven


I have had so much fun making Altered Clipboards, that I decided to size it down a bit and make some tiny little collages...on Dominoes.

Not that I'm pushing Autumn...This summer has been far to gorgeous to give it up!!  
But I know it's time to start gearing up for the next season (The sad truth is...I should be working on Christmas, but I just can't bring myself to do it quite yet).


Anyway these were a fun change from painting furniture....letting my creative juices go in a different direction.


This made my A.D.D. self very happy!!  :)


The lettering was printed up on my 1970's electric typewriter...because I love it's font!!!


The moth came from The Graphics Fairy and the Raven was from a Martha Stewart Stencil.
The rest was scrap paper I had around the house.


Know what?  They do kind-of make me look forward to fall...After all it is my favorite season...just not quite yet!!

Denise

I'll be linking to many of the parties in my side bar...check them out!! :)

13 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Halloween too and these are SO perfect for it! Great idea!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an original idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! The Raven always reminds me of that Simpson's Halloween episode where they "retell" that story. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a chill in the air today reminding me of fall and then I popped over here to see the ravens. I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I just love anything Raven! Beautiful! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, hopped over from Vintage Chic blog. I love these altered Dominos! It's a must do project for me. Did you use Modge Podge to coat them, or another clear finish? I made a Nevermore Banner last year and decorated my family room around the poem. These would be fun to add to the display this year. Also, I have a link party, "Share Your Cup Thursday". It's all about sharing what makes you happy. Would love if you shared these! Now a new follower.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Diamond Glaze on my jewelry and Mod Podge on my clipboards... I would love to join you party!!
      Thanks for following..I'm headed over to your blog now!! :)
      Denise

      Delete
  7. Oh they are adorable!! I can't think about Christmas projects either!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun dominoes Denise. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now how fun and creative is this. So cute. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you apply the jump ring for the chain. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!