Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Painting Shoes with Bleach DIY

I saw this projects on one of my very favorite blogs; Alisa Burke and I knew I had to do it with my daughter and our friends!!!  Alisa's tutorial is Here



The first thing I did was pin Alisa's tutorial on my DIY Board so our friends would have some kind of an idea of what we were doing...

I had everyone pick up their own shoes...instructing them to choose a dark color.
Rite Aid had some fake Tom type shoes, cheap, so that's what Auto and I choose.  Gillian got a pair at Walmart for $5.00....Whoot-Whoot and Right On!!!

Anyway this is what the "Tom" style looked like....


I poured a small amount of  bleach into custard cups, so pretty much everyone had their own.
I also had a variety of small synthetic brushes...synthetic so the bleach doesn't damage them...


Everyone also had a paper towel to blot their brushes on...otherwise you get a dot on your fabric where the brush first touches.


Next step was to go ahead and "paint"...The more bleach you use the more color it takes away...but be careful not to use to much, or your design will grow.



Paint one area at a time and then decided what to do next.


The most appealing is to use a large pattern in one area and then a smaller one in another...Gillian's black ones are a good example on this.


Love Savanna's design!!



Awesome!!!



Even simple looks great!!


 Olivia put her design on the toe of one shoe, and the back part on the other...The red ones above reversed the design between the toe and the top of the shoes...


There wasn't a bad pair in the bunch!!!
Again I have to thank Lisa Burke for giving us this great idea.....

 So go ahead and grab a bunch of girl friends and give this a try!!  It is a perfect summer afternoon project!!!
AND...
Stay tuned for more bleach projects...This was only the beginning!  :)
Denise

I am linking up to the parties on my side bar...do check them out!

12 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Thanks for linking up to my party at Dorothy Sue and Millie B's too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat project. I think this would be a great craft to do at our week long family reunion. I will have to see if I can find some shoes to take along and post this on my facebook so that everyone that would like to do this can bring a pair of shoes along. Looking forward to having a custom pair of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and super cute! I'm definitely going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, these are total works of art. I love this idea. So cute. Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THESE!!!!!!!! I bought a yellow pair and a black pair and I've been toying with the idea of "fixing them up". :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I can't wait to do this with my daughters - thanks so much for passing it on. Take care - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet project! My daughter would love this! Pinned to share:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project for anyone, but especially for teenagers. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute redo on the Walmart shoes. I like your originality and I can see you too are like myself on keeping it on the cheap. I liked you tank top redo too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!