Monday, May 6, 2013

Thrifty Finds

I went out "Garage Selling" on Friday and just had to share my AWESOME FINDS....Sigh
To be honest it didn't start out that well.  The first place I hit was already picked over and it had some great vintage things...I was there right at 8:00 but I guess I should have showed up early.  (I have a hard time doing that...If they say 8 I don't mind being a little early but it doesn't seem polite to be too early).


Anyway the third place I hit opened at 9:00 and I just happened to drive by as they were putting the sign up...It was a long dirt drive and no one would have found it with out signage.....
Being the first makes all the difference!

Look at all my goodies...


And to be honest this isn't all of it.  I forgot to put the decoys and the  books in my first photo....
I didn't take an individual  picture of it...but look at the wire shopping basket.  I'm to going to line it with fabric....Can't wait!!!


I got two typewriters the blue one is my favorite!!  I LOVE the Mid Century Modern shape!!! And it's in great condition...Do I have to sell it?


This baby's a bit older.....It's gray with green keys and has a cool leather covered case.



Check out this way cool, green Train Case (I have such a thing for vintage suitcases)!  Anyway it's in awesome condition...I just had to glue the lining in a couple spots but other than that it is down right perfect!!!  Again I want to keep it!  :)

Do you know what those green things are we found in it?  Neither did I, but the family had a great time guessing!  In the end Garret and Drew were the ones who figured it out ...They're shoe stretchers....


I also got two TV Trays with stand.  :)


Found these knives in a basket of silverware I purchased...



And here's one of the Decoys.  I come from a long family of duck hunters,,,My dad would have loved these!!  They came in a burlap grain sack that I will use elsewhere.

Well...How about you any great find lately?  I would love to here about them!!
Will be linking up to many of the parties on my side bar...Do check them out ...You won't regret it!
Denise




9 comments:

  1. Wow, let me get my jaw off the floor. You scored TWO typewriters? Love the vintage train case and the wire cart. Speaking of showing up early, a neighbor had a yard sale and people showed up two DAYS early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! You got a lot of fabulous stuff! 2 typewritters, that great window, suitcase, you hit the mother load! If only I could be so lucky, like you, I'd be wanting to keep it all!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were some amazing finds. How are the prices at yard sales in the Pacific NW? It took me two years to find two typewriters and I found them both just within the last month or so. Love that window too! It is hard to wait and not arrive early when you know others who are pushy won't wait, but I rarely go more than a few minutes early. Luckily I only run into one other person who seems to go after the stuff I do. I keep my eye out for her. She doesn't know I exist, but I consider her my garage sale nemesis and keep a lookout for her. If I see her, I get a move on to the next sale before she shows up and beats me to stuff. :) Fun post!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So much fun! I especially love the wire basket. And those typewriters! Looks like the hooks could be fun.. and I'm curious about the window, was that a rummage find, too?
    I was pretty proud that I knew what the shoe forms were! :)
    You made a haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your typewriters. I use to type a million miles on one of those and I still have a overnight case similar to yours. What great fun and fabulous finds. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, I love the name of your blog! And wow did you ever find some good stuff, love all the typewriters, then the train case and silverware, the ducks are nifty too, all are great collectibles!! You must live where there are still good things to find in yard sales. Happy hunting and stop by this week and join in the WW fun!
    Oh My Heartsie WW" w/Linky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow two typewriters? Love the way they look all vintage! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blue typewriter put me through college! Oh the times I had to retype a whole page just because of one mistake because profs would not allow typos or mark thrus. Many times I spent more time on the typing than I did on composing the paper. So glad word processors came along. Young people don't know how well their life is through college because of computers. enJOYed your stroll down Memory Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such amazing finds! Love the typewriters and the wire basket will be fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!