Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Stocking Hanger / Holder

Here's a little project I just finished, that I am Sooo happy with!!
It was simple, cheap, and fun to do...
Win * Win* Win..  :)


We don't have a great place to hang stockings in our home so, I purchased a stocking holder/hanger similar to this years ago... OK, it had a no saying and a Santa on it...but the same idea....you hang the board and then hang your stocking on it...

(By the way these are a sampling of the stockings I sell on Etsy).  :)
anyway....
Here's how I made the Stocking Hanger:
I started with a board from who knows where, that was laying around my house.  I stenciled BELIEVED and MAGIC first using cheap stencils I bought from Walmart.


I then added the "in the" and the reindeer and snowflakes.  The blue didn't show up the way I wanted on the flakes so I went around them with a sharpie.  I spray painted four wooden drawer pulls and the also stenciled them after the dried.


I drilled the srews threw the back of the sign and then screwed the drawer pulls on....


I thought I was going to have to run to the hardware store to get the thing-e-ma-bobs to hang it but then I remembered  seeing on pinterest a way to use the tabs off soda cans and being that I am a Diet Coke addict...there were plenty of tabs to be had!!!  :)


I went to my Helpful Hints Board and sure enough there was the pin!
I zipped on over to: apartment therapy followed her simple instructions and ..Va-La...no need for a trip to the store after all!  :)


I plan on making some more for my space down at Viking Village...just need to come up with some more boards!!
As usual, I will be linking up to many of the link parties on my side..do check them out!!
And Thanks for Visiting!!!
Denise

9 comments:

  1. This is so right up my alley! Old wooden sign, cute stockings, pop tab hanger.... oh yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome idea to use the soda tabs as hangers. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making a stocking hook board too!! funny. I don't know if I'm going to use hooks or knobs. Love yours!
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! Love your stockings! I am going to visit your shop and favor them!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love the knobs, and the stockings look great too! Awesome job! I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. It is so cute. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/washi-tape-idea-book-and-wednesdays.html
    I'm following you and would love to have you follow me.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very neat! It looks amazing and is perfect for the holidays!

    Newest follower from the anything goes link up :)

    http://letstalkaboutme-sara.blogspot.com/2012/09/engagement-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is way too cute! The festive colors with your adorable stockings make the whole piece so fun! Great work!! I found your blog through the link party and look forward to following along with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are the reindeer and snowflakes from?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!