Monday, April 23, 2012

World Market Vases Made Over

Here's a quick little project that might just get ya thinking.  :)


The other day I was out looking for a B-Day present for a dear friend of mine and couldn't find the perfect gift...(Is there such a thing...I know there are perfect friends...Stephanie is a good example)...
Anyway I came across this little Vase set at World Market



No, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for....If  you must know it was kind of Plain Jane...
The wire was this dull gray and I kept thinking "if only it was white it would look so much fresher"!!!
Then a light bulb went off in my head (this doesn't happen often)...Why not spray paint it!!
I made my purchase and hurried home to get started....
I used my favorite Dual Paint plus Primer by Krylon in Ivory and gave it 2 light coats not minding if some of the gray showed through.



I still looked to plane for my taste so I added a green organza ribbon...weaving it through the wires and the securing it with a knot at one side....So far so good!!

Now for the jars...
I tied the same ribbon to the top of each jar, again just tying them in a knot.  To that I hot glued a pair of layered buttons on each one, choosing fun bright colors.

I was finally happy...I picked some flowers added Salted Camels...(YUMMM), a card and a pair of garden gloves...

And Happy Birthday!

(So next time you see a "Plain Jane" item stop and think what does it need and could I do it)?


Oh... I almost forgot I edited all my photos on PicMonkey this time and I LIKE IT!!

Thank You PicMonkey!
Denise

PS: Again I will be linking up to many of the parties in my side bar.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. Love that you weren't afraid to paint something new to change it to your style. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!