Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Bird Feeder

To be honest I wasn't sure what to call this post...You see the bird feeders aren't really new and neither is the limb they are hanging on...So here's the story...


Sadly the arbor that covered this pathway fell down last winter and we had to remove it...


Which would have been OK, but my beloved bird feeders hung off of it and I SOOO ENJOY watching my birdies!!!  In the winter I could see the feeders from my favorite chair as I enjoyed my morning coffee.




My husband kindly put my feeders on a ladder so that I could still enjoy the birds....
but we had a problem...



Autumn's chicks quickly discovered they could climb the ladder and help themselves to the food...


Not only were they eating all the food but they were also chasing of all the Woodpeckers...


In the spring, I go threw about a package of suet a day...This is truly AWESOME because so many of the birds...



bring their young to my feeder...

and I get to enjoy the show!!!

Anyway my solution to this problem was simple and cheap!!  :)
I cut a limb off a tree that had fallen during one of our winter storms. The boys dug a hole and placed it in the ground for me.  Now the birds have a perch that they are totally comfortable with and the chickens can't eat their food.

Don't worry they still scratch the ground below the feeders picking up left overs.  :)
Well, thanks for stopping by!!
I will be linking up to many of the party's on my side bar...Check them out...They are full of great ideas!!
Denise

11 comments:

  1. love these photos - they made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your photos and your story great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see the woodpeckers! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Love all the chickens going up the ladder ~ wondeful! And you found such a creative solution for you problem. Really, really fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Loved seeing your chickens and the woodpeckers...awesome photo of mom and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just amazing. Loved everything about this post. And I wanna see more of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. I am a bird feeding girl and anything else that needs a meal. Really enjoyed seeing your garden too.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what cute birdies you have! I loved reading this. I can see your dilemma and it looks like the problem has been solved! I love watching the birds so much too. I'm in love with your yard!

    Now as for your swimming pool, this I've got to see! LOL believe it or not, my hubby wanted to do the same thing and then decided against it. I've heard it's been rather chilly up there! My Sister lives in Mercer Island, so I kind of keep an eye on the weather. I was up there in January and it actually snowed. They said it was rare. But it sure was a treat for me and was soooooo beautiful!

    Love your pretty blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bird photos.......the silver tray is a great find too. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am one of your new followers now. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photos - your birds are so cute!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ladder bird feeder is a wonderful idea. I was inspired to make one myself. Thanks
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!